Photo

Photo
Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with our God. Micah 6:8

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Especially Thankful

Thankful. So thankful. For so many things. A great God, an amazing man who I call my husband, a beautiful little boy, parents who gave me a strong foundation and more love than I could have asked for, siblings who are among my closest friends, new friends and old friends, our health, jobs that provide for all we need and more, a warm house in the winter time...I could go on for many pages. So blessed and so grateful for so much. Life is not perfect and there are many things that are far from ideal (which I could also go on about, wink wink), but when I look around I have no choice but to choose gratitude!

Today we are especially thankful for a baby boy coming in April!!! We have been hoping and praying  that God would grow our family and are beyond ecstatic. We are so grateful for this gift of life, especially after losing one to miscarriage this past spring. We are more aware than ever that a new life is truly a miracle, one that only God can give, and his timing is perfect, even when it doesn't make sense. Bentley has literally been praying for two years for a little brother or sister. It's so special to experience this with him and see how he processes it all. This is "my baby" as he says, and he already has big plans for the many things he will do with his little brother. The comments he has made already during my pregnancy are just hilarious and I will have to do an entire post on those another time. He will be such a wonderful brother, teacher and friend. I keep reflecting on our journey with Bentley, from pregnancy to birth to now, and keep thinking, so giddy, "We get to do this all over again?!?" 

We had our ultrasound yesterday and so today we revealed the gender to our family that was with us (and by FaceTime for family that was not). One thing that struck me over the past 48 hours is how much LOVE is waiting for this little boy. We are now a family welcoming him, and when you add the extended family on both sides, and then friends....it starts to be overwhelming. 

Sweet boy, we cannot wait to meet you. There is SO MUCH LOVE waiting for you.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Our sweet baby boy. As soon as we got home Bentley was hanging the ultrasound pictures on our fridge. :)
We were blessed to have my brother Chris and sis-in-law Heather, and my sister Julie with us for Thanksgiving. They had to bite into their cake pop to find out boy or girl.
I made 3 batches of these little turkeys this week; a regular batch to wish teachers, colleagues, and people in town a happy thanksgiving, and a pink and blue batch for our Thanksgiving meal since I didn't know which we would need until Wednesday night.
It's a boy!
Tonight after all the fun: "Mom is Aunt JuJu a kid or a grown-up?" Surely a kid at heart. :)
He loves his aunts and uncles! Thankful to be living so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment